All employees within the PGSI Group of companies are being developed in accordance with the Merseta Skills Training Programme.
To date 95% of the employees including Managers and Administrative personnel have completed a Perform Basic First Aid course, while approximately 80% of the employees have completed the following modules:
- Develop individual Skills Portfolio
- Work safely and use safety equipment
- Explain individual’s role in a business
- Work in a team
- Use and care of tools and equipment
- Understand and deal with HIV/AIDS
- Handle and Care of Materials
- Fire Fighting
These modules have resulted in compiling an average NQF level 2 total of 69 credits.
This total staff development plan will be run over the next three years to provide the companies with a well trained and skilled workforce in preparation for the economical upswing which is bound to come.