If you want to improve your BEE rating, a very efficient way of getting involved while still maintaining the profitability and management of your business is by getting involved in elements 6 and 7, namely Enterprise Development and Socio-economic contributions.
Element 6: Enterprise Development
- This element measures the extent to which enterprises carry out initiatives aimed at contributing to socio-economic and enterprise development.
- To facilitate compliance with Element 6, PGSI is heavily involved with Vuka Zinzele Upholstry & Trimming.
- If you as a Qualifing Small Enterprise (QSE) start supporting Vuka Zinzele Upholstry & Trimming you are ensured of gaining points on your BBBEE scorecard
- You can learn more about Vuka Zinzele Upholstry & Trimming on their webpage: Visit Vuka Zinzele Upholstry & Trimming (Vuka)
Element 7: Socio-economic contributions
- This element measures the extent to which enterprises carry out initiatives aimed at contributing to socio-economic development and promoting access to the economy for black people.
- To facilitate compliance with Element 7, PGSI is intimately involved with a CSI initiative in rural South Africa, called The Isandla Usizo Program.
- The Isandla Usizo program is an exciting and unique broad based black economic empowerment (BEE) initiative. It is a three year curriculum which focuses on providing life coaching to previously disadvantaged children on a primary school level. The programme has the unique feature of using music and arts to drive home foundational life and business principles.
- If you as a Qualifing Small Enterprise (QSE) get involved in this community project along with PGSI, you can insure that your BBBEE rating is substantially increased.
- You can learn more at the program’s website: Visit Isanlda Usizo website